We’ve missed you! We get it, overdue fines happen. With Fine Forgiveness Days, we’re here to take care of them for you so that you can come back to the library … because we really do belong together.
Fine Forgiveness Days at WPL
Friday, February 14 and Saturday, February 15
All WPL locations
How Fine Forgiveness Days Work
Waterloo Public Library customers who visit any WPL location in person on Friday, February 14 and/or Saturday, February 15 will have any overdue fines (old and new!) waived. Have any overdue items still at home? Bring those in and your fines will be waived. Have overdue fines from long, long ago? Visit your favourite WPL location and we’ll waive those fines too.
- customers must come in person to a WPL location and speak with staff at a service desk to have their overdue fines waived
- items returned through the book drops/book sorter will NOT be eligible for fine amnesty
- the waiving of fines does not include charges associated with lost or damaged materials. Customers will continue to be responsible for those charges.
- spouses/family members are able to have fines waived for each other BUT they must have the spouse/family member’s card in hand
- parents/caregivers, fines on your children’s cards can be waived without the physical card being presented
- overdue fines can not be waived over the phone or online
- lost library cards will be replaced free of charge on February 14 and 15 with proof of identification